Buddy and I are in Bachelor Officers Quarters until Sunday while Kat is in North Carolina on vacation eating Chick-Fil-A and I am not jealous at all about this. Really.
This apparently means the dog wakes up at 5:10 AM regardless of what we’ve been doing for the last, oh, 8 weeks. The morning routine is pretty straightforward:
- Dog wakes up at some unknown time in the morning.
- Dog waits for what seems to him an interminable amount of time (5.2 seconds) before finding exposed skin and licking incessantly.
- I wake up wondering what the heck is happening.
- Oh it’s the dog (about a minute - I’m slow in the morning).
- Go to the kitchen.
- Feed the dog (1/3 cup food + 1/3 cup brown rice - about a minute and a half).
- Let the dog out.
- Take the dog to the park for a rousing game of Fetch and Chase Stuff (30-45 minutes, depending on what other dogs are around).
- Walk home.
- Play a rousing game of Sit On The Couch And Sigh Occasionally.
- Prepare a Kong bone with treats inside for the dog.
- Put dog in crate and go to work.
The lunch routine is the same thing, just start at step 7 above. Sometimes we skip step 8 depending on how much time I have to spend at lunch.
Dinner is just steps 7 to 10.
I kind of enjoy the structure to my day. The break in the middle to let the dog out is a great way to get out of the office.